Saturday, June 28, 2008

A Prayer

I belong to an internet group for us pregnant girls. It sounds like an interesting concept, lots of pregnant women in one place to disagree on things, share stories, and give advice. It gives us a chance to see pregnancy from all the different perspectives and teach us that we are not alone in the things we're going through.

Well, at the beginning, when we all joined the board (for moms due in December) we were paired up with someone like us. Someone who is going through something similar to our own situations, and we were supposed to keep in touch with that person throughout this entire experience. My partners name was Kate.

On June 26, she lost her son. She was sixteen weeks pregnant. It is every mother's greatest fear, and though it wasn't her fault, and there was nothing she could have done, she is heartbroken. And so, I dedicate this post to her little boy who is there with God now, and I pray that she heals from this. She has become a good friend very quickly, and she was there for me with lots of support and advice in my hard times. God gives us a baby when we need one most. She needed that baby to learn something about herself, and now, his time on this earth is over. She will see him again. I know she will. May God bless my friend and her family.

-PGee

No comments: