Sunday, June 29, 2008

The Injustice of Pregnancy

Ok, so I couldn't do it anymore and had to ask my mom to borrow money for some new jeans. She was really cool about it, and we went shopping. And I just got to thinking, how freaking unfair is this? Yes, I will have the option to take him to court and get child support from him once the baby is born, but what about now?

I passed Evan on the street today. He was in his car with his ex. (I was told btw, that he's just using her to cover things with his parents) All I could think of was, God, I hope he's happy with his life, driving his nice new car, living for free off his parents, and probably just making enough money to take that skank out every day. Meanwhile, I have to pay rent, food, I can't get a car because I don't have enough money to pay the payments and insurance, I have to think about college but he's already graduated, and I have to buy a few clothes because I keep gaining weight. He pays to put gas in his car and then whatever else he wants to do while he looks for a job with his stupid degree (theater...like anything is going to happen with that) and I'm basically living with nothing. I finally sucked it up and applied for WIC so I could make sure I was eating healthy.

It really ticks me off that the man just produces the sperm, and I know we joke about how a man should have to go through pregnancy, but seriously, there is nothing to force them to take responsibility for their actions from the moment they find out. Whoever the poor mother of a child is with this kind of father has to wait for nine months to get any help from him and then it has to be forced.

So that's my bitching for the day. AHHHHHHH!!!!!

No comments: